Business Development Manager
About Wallaby Medical
Wallaby Medical is an exciting, rapidly growing medical device company focused on developing and commercializing medical device products for treating stroke.
Our first product, the Wallaby Avenir® Coil System is a technically differentiated neuro embolic coil system for treating intracranial aneurysms and other neurovascular abnormalities. Avenir® is now FDA 510K cleared, CE marked, and Japan PMDA approved and is selling in over 12 countries. Wallaby has several other advanced products currently under development.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for working with senior management on company strategy as well as identifying and executing strategic business development opportunities which serve to accelerate time to market, address product gaps and grow the overall business. We’re looking for the right person to join us and fill an exciting new role.
• Strategy Development & Business Planning: Collaborate with stakeholders across the company (engineering, marketing, finance, legal) in planning and implementation of business and product strategy
• Transaction Execution: Assist in identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing specific inorganic opportunities in support of the broader strategy including developing the business case and assist with structuring deal terms and negotiations. Communicate with internal stakeholders at all stages of the deal process to secure buy-in and approvals. Help drive complex deals and drive less complex deals to closure while maintaining a willingness to walk away from deals which did not meet business objectives or introduced an unacceptable risk while adhering to core deal principles.
• External Partnerships: Establish a network of relationships across the industry with potential partners, competitors, investors, thought leaders, etc. plus retain, manage, and help grow a portfolio of partners.
• Industry Expertise: Develop industry expertise including competitive and market dynamics, product and technology trends.
• Support special high impact local and global business projects, etc.
Minimum 3+ years investment banking and/or consulting experience or MBA from top business school
Related working experience in business development, strategy or similar function
Excellent English Communication Skills
Strong Financial Modelling and PPT Skills
Healthcare industry experience preferred
©2020 Wallaby Medical. All Rights Reserved